multiple choice questions 26 deals with perceptions of equity in the allocation of 4296768
Multiple Choice Questions
26. __________ deals with perceptions of equity in the allocation of reward or penalties given by the organization.
A) Defined justice
B) People (employee) justice
C) Distributive justice
D) Procedural justice
E) Demanded justice
27. __________ is a perception of fair rule, laws or policies that allocate valued rewards and punishments.
A) Distributive justice
B) Procedural justice
C) People (employee) justice
D) Demanded justice
E) Defined justice
28. What are the advantages of classifying a worker as a contractor to the organization?
A) No relationship to manage and won’t have to pay benefits.
B) Won’t have to pay benefits and less government interference.
C) Won’t have to pay benefits and won’t have to pay payroll taxes.
D) No relationship to manage and won’t have to pay payroll taxes.
E) Less government interference and won’t have to pay payroll taxes.
29. Which of the following could be an exception to the employent –at-will concept?
A) An employee who does not have an employment contract is terminated
B) There is mutual agreement between employer and employee to severe the relationship
C) An employee is terminated for filing a workers compensation claim
D) An employee is fired for violation of a company policy
E) Firing an employee for gross misconduct
30. __________ is an arrangement by which the employee has latitude over the preferred hours he/she wants to work, as long as he/she is present during the core hours of the work day.
B) Compressed workweek
C) Job sharing
31. One disadvantage to using flextime is:
A) Increased absenteeism.
B) The difficulty in scheduling meetings.
C) It often puts additional stress on dual-career families.
D) Increased turnover.
E) It doesn’t cover company’s core times.
32. An arrangement that allows two people to divide the responsibilities of a regular, fulltime job is called __________.
A) job sharing
B) compressed workweek
D) permanent part-time work
E) alternative work scheduling
33. An arrangement that allows employees to work fewer days but longer hours is called __________.
B) compressed workweek
C) job sharing
D) job rotation
E) permanent part-time work
34. All of the following have been shown to be disadvantages to using a compressed workweek EXCEPT:
A) Increase in employee fatigue.
B) Increased tardiness and absenteeism.
D) Difficulty in coordinating team projects.
E) Difficulty scheduling meetings.
35. Information provided by recruiters, interviewers, the company internet site and candid interviews with job incumbents provides candidates with a(n) _______.
A) realistic job preview
B) job analysis
C) job classification
D) work process mapping
E) internal scanning